I was just talking to a friend today who said she could never go paleo because she was “addicted to carbs”. I think the vocabulary and over generalizations are what lead people to fear the primal way in their diets. Going grain free does not mean going carb free, baked goods free or yum yum yum free. It’s about making smarter choices in the sources of our nutrients, specifically staying away from inflammatory response inducing grains and gluten as well as refined sources of sugar and fat.
Check out this great recipe from Delighted Momma You might just rethink your thoughts on how enjoyable going Against the Grain can be…
1 1/2 cups of almond meal
1 tbs of coconut flour
1/4 cup of honey
1/4 cup of melted coconut oil
1 tsp of vanilla
1/2 tsp of cinnamon + extra for rolling dough in
1/2 tsp of nutmeg
1/2 tsp of baking soda
1/4 tsp of sea salt
1. Combine all the ingredients together in a bowl and mix well.
2. Cover the cookie dough and place in the fridge to chill for one hour.
3. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
4. Roll the cookies into small balls and coat in cinnamon.
5. Use the bottom of a cup or jar to flatten them out.
6. Place cookies on a parchment lined cookie sheet and bake for 10 minutes.