This for me is non-negotiable… I have to have wings with football, period… The best thing is, they are completely paleo friendly provided you bake them rather than fry. You can also cook these in your crockpot for about 5 hours on medium heat, but the oven will give them a much better crispy skin and juicy insides.
2 lbs Chicken Wings
1 tbsp Sea Salt
1 tbsp Cracked Black Pepper
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
3. Wash the chicken wings and pat dry.
4. Sprinkle evenly with sea salt and cracked pepper.
5. Bake at 400 for 45 minutes (time will vary – start watching after 40 minutes and bake until they start to look brown).
Buffalo Sauce Ingredients
3 tbsp Coconut Oil or Butter
3 tbsp Rice Vinegar (yes, this is paleo)
½ tsp Cayenne Pepper
½ tsp Hot Paprika
1 tsp Garlic Powder
1 tsp Onion Powder
1 Medium Lemon Juiced
1 tsp Sea Salt
Buffalo Sauce Method
1. In a medium sized saucepan, melt the coconut oil over medium heat.
2. Add the cayenne, hot paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, and salt. Stir until evenly combined.
3. Squeeze in the lemon and add the vinegar.
4. Take off heat and stir until evenly combined.
5. Set aside or pour into a sealable container for later use.
6. Store in the refrigerator.
7. Once the wings have cooled a little from the baking, place in large bowl or ziplock bag. Add sauce, about 2 oz per 10 wings, and shake until coated.